Friday, November 9, 2012

old spirit...?!

Last night Beast was fucking... Then when we were done an image of a wolf head popped into our head and we were in that world and yet I could still see the bedroom. Dual vision... Then the head raised and it was a medicine woman.

I no longer was Beast or me... Next the ground is shacking in my teepee and I'm screaming and run out. Earth shakes. Everyone is running around. Then things calm and there is drums and singing. Language is all in Cherokee  Akhenaten saw and heard and couldn't understand. It's like an old memory and not a dream. And yet how can it be? How can any of this be?!

While we are 1/64th Cherokee, and the powwows event feel of home, this hasn't happened before. And yet the songs and language feels and sounds so familiar and every so often ring in our head. Mom has said that it feels familiar to her too. But she had a great gradma that spoke the language. I didn't...

It feels that this spirt was a fleeting presence. But for a time last night I was a teenaged Indian scared and terrified for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment