Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day off of work

I took today off work to drive girl number 1 to the Dentist. While there I was interpreting. That tends to pull Rachel out a touch. But Akhenaten was worried about his girl so we kept it visibly him. Although I heard Scott's voice frequently as things started tipping towards Rachel and especially when we were in full on interpreting mode instead of partner mode.

So I'm in the middle of working on some graphics today and my girl number 1 starts talking and Mr. Peare's voice and thoughts are answering her. And I'm like wait... You are the graphics person? Apparently so. So why didn't I know that? And why was I hearing Scott's thoughts in my head right before then?

Apparently Gay Dude was putting dinner together while I was thinking about the above happenings. And it occurred to us that when Mr. Peare helps with dinner is when it gets fancier than normal. Again I didn't know  Gay Dude was out until we started talking to ourselves, out loud.

Today at lunch I apparently was mid sentence when Rachel came out. I remember looking at the food and going ick and suddenly Rachel said it looked good to her. She looks up and our girl number 1 is looking at us with her head cocked and asked if we were ok. Apparently switching mid-sentence, with a long switch, is concerning. LOL I'd agree. That we didn't control the switch is bothersome. We've been really intentional with switches 90% of the time. It's when we find we've switched and don't know it is really worry some. What if we switch at work? I've been catching myself switching at work more and more lately... Can't let that  happen...

So a very swichy day today...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Mr. Peare's meals are more more carefully and decoratively plated. I see a lot of Rachel coming out just for a quick 'hello' and to check in. At home, at least, you have a lot of short fluid switches as you switch activities and try to multi-task.

    ReplyDelete